UPSC has announced the results for the Central Armed Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2014 held by on 13 July, 2014 and the consequent interviews for Personality Test held in February, 2015. The candidates have been recommended for appointment to the posts of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces viz. Border Security Force(BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) & Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
A total number of 105 candidates have been recommended for appointment as per the following break-up:
Appointments to the above mentioned services will be made by the Government according to the number of vacancies available and subject to the candidates fulfilling all the prescribed eligibility conditions/provisions contained in the Rules for the Examination and verifications, wherever due, being completed satisfactorily. Allotment to various services will be made according to the merit obtained and preference of services given by the candidates.
The appointed candidates will be awarded a monthly salary according to the pay grade between 5,200 to Rs 20,000 along with a grade pay of Rs 2,200/- per month.
- The final selections of the candidates have been made in two steps:The written test and ii) the oral interview (viva voce)
- The written exam conducted by the UPSC comprised of two papers :
- Paper I: General ability and intelligence and professional skills (300 marks) (150 questions) and lasted for 2 ½ hrs. The paper was of objective type .
- Paper II: Essay, précis writing and Comprehension. (100 marks) lasted for 2 hrs.
- The candidates qualifying for the written test as well as the medical examination and physical efficiency test were called for the interview by the commission.
- The candidate must understand that just by satisfying the eligibility norms, it will not entitle him/ her to the job. The final selection is made by a board made of highly competent authorities on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the written test and the interview taken together.
How to see the results
To access the results, the candidate will have t follow the below mentined instructions step by step:
- Go to UPSC’s official website: http://www.upsc.gov.in/
- Click on the link that says,” Final result- central armed police forces (assistant commandant) examination,2014”
- The list of selected candidates along with a notice will open up in pdf format
- The selected candidates are required to save the same and keep checking the official website for more updates.
The Union Public Service Commission has to perform the following duties and functions entrusted to it under the constitution:
- Recruitment to services & posts under the Central Government by Selection through Interviews and competitive examinations.
- Advise the suitability of officers for appointment on promotion as well as transfer-on-deputation;
- Advise the Government on all matters that may relate to methods of Recruitment to various services.
Share and Enjoy